Accumulation of hazardous waste in tanks.
If the hazardous waste is placed in tanks, the Hazardous waste generator must comply with the applicable requirements of subparts J, except §265.197(c) of Closure and post-closure care and §265.200—Waste analysis and trial tests, as well as the applicable requirements of AA, BB, and CC of 40 CFR part 265.
Accumulation of hazardous waste on drip pads.
If the hazardous waste is placed on drip pads, the Hazardous waste generator must comply with the EPA regulations including:
- Remove all wastes from the drip pad at least once every 90 days.
- Any hazardous wastes that are removed from the drip pad are then subject to the 90-day accumulation limit
- If the hazardous wastes are being managed in satellite accumulation areas prior to being moved to a central accumulation area
- The Hazardous waste generator must maintain on site at the facility the following records readily available for inspection
- A written description of procedures that are followed to ensure that all wastes are removed from the drip pad and associated collection system at least once every 90 days
- Documentation of each waste removal, including the quantity of waste removed from the drip pad and the sump or collection system and the date and time of removal
Accumulation of hazardous waste in containment buildings.
If the waste is placed in containment buildings, the Hazardous waste generator must comply with of 40 CFR part 265 subpart DD.
The Hazardous waste generator must label its containment building with the words “Hazardous Waste” in a conspicuous place easily visible to employees, visitors, emergency responders, waste handlers, or other persons on site, and also in a conspicuous place provide an indication of the hazards of the contents
- Hazard communication consistent with the Department of Transportation requirements
- A hazard statement or pictogram consistent with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- A chemical hazard label consistent with the National Fire Protection Association code 704.
The generator must also maintain:
- The professional engineer certification that the building complies with the design standards specified in 40 CFR 265.1101. This certification must be in the generator’s files prior to operation of the unit.
The following records by use of inventory logs, monitoring equipment, or any other effective means:
- A written description of procedures to ensure that each waste volume remains in the unit for no more than 90 days, a written description of the waste generation and management practices for the facility showing that the generator is consistent with respecting the 90 day limit, and documentation that the procedures are complied with; or
- Documentation that the unit is emptied at least once every 90 days.
Inventory logs or records with the above information must be maintained on site and readily available for inspection.
- This can be achieved using a hazardous waste management software solution that will track waste from cradle to grave, keeping an accurate inventory of all the waste on a site.
Hazardous Waste Management Software
HazMat T&T is a hazardous waste management software solution designed for Environmental Service Companies and companies who generate a large quantity of hazardous waste. The solution tracks hazardous waste from cradle to grave aiding compliance, providing accurate waste inventory, increasing waste handling efficiency, reducing risk and also helps manage waste costs. HazMat T&T Hazardous Waste Management Software can be deployed in a number of deployment scenarios, from Large Hazardous Waste Generators, tracking their hazardous waste at their site to Environmental Service and Waste Management Companies using it track and manage hazardous waste at transfer and disposal sites.
Asset Inspection Management Software
IMEC’s Asset Inspection Management Software can be used to manage any type of Asset Inspection. This Asset Inspection Management Software solution can create corrective actions as a result of asset inspection failures for inspections. Corrective actions are allocated to the appropriate persons, with deadlines for resolution which will greatly reduce the time, effort and cost of managing compliance inspections. Implementing an Asset Inspection management software solution, where users using a Mobile App can easily perform inspections in the field aids compliance, reduces risk and standardizes the inspection process within your organization.
IMEC Technologies provides Safety Management Software to increase worker safety and aid compliance. IMEC’s Safety Management Software will manage inspections and audits, provides hazard identification, incident reporting, management of corrective and preventative actions from generation to closure. IMEC provides lock out tag out software solutions that will allow users to create lockout tagout procedures using an intuitive Mobile App and Manage Lockout Tagout Procedures, also the Review and Execution of those Lockout Tagout Procedures using the Mobile App. Annual Lockout Tagout Procedures audits are conducted using a Mobile App. The Mobile Inspection App allow users to perform inspections and audits, for example the system can be used as a Fire Extinguisher Barcode Inspection Software system to manage monthly fire extinguisher inspections and general fire safety inspections and also to record safety observations and manage corrective actions, anywhere and anytime. The solution can be used as a fire extinguisher barcode inspection software system or life safety inspection system to aid compliance in Higher Education, Healthcare, Industrial and Commercial Organizations. Benefits from a Fire Extinguisher Barcode System include the elimination of paperwork and reducing the burden of compliance with regulations such as NFPA, The Joint Commission. The Mobile App can also be used as a Fire Door Inspection App and with the flexible Forms Manager the solution can be used as a Fire Door Inspection Software Solution also. Fire Door Inspection Software is used is large facilities with large quantities of Fire Doors like Hospitals, Universities and also Cruise Ships. The Incident Reporting App allows users to easily and quickly report incidents, hazards and near-misses, these are then sent to the appropriate people for action and are managed to closure. Web Apps provide features such as, setup, management, scheduling tools, analysis, reporting and dashboards etc with the ability to report incidents to government bodies such as OSHA and RIDDOR. HazMat T&T is a hazardous waste management software solution designed for Environmental Service Companies and companies who generate a large quantity of hazardous waste. The solution tracks hazardous waste from cradle to grave aiding compliance, providing accurate waste inventory, increasing waste handling efficiency, reducing risk and also helps manage waste costs. HazMat T&T Hazardous Waste Management Software can be deployed in a number of deployment scenarios, from Large Hazardous Waste Generators, tracking their hazardous waste at their site to Environmental Service and Waste Management Companies using it track and manage hazardous waste at transfer and disposal sites. For more information visit our website www.imectechnologies.com