A large hazardous waste quantity generator may accumulate hazardous waste on site without a permit or interim status, and without complying with the requirements of the regulations or the notification requirements of section 3010 of RCRA, provided that all of the following conditions for exemption are met:
Accumulation of Hazardous Waste:
A large hazardous waste quantity generator accumulates hazardous waste on site for no more than 90 days, unless in compliance with the accumulation time limit extension or F006 accumulation conditions for exemptions. The following accumulation conditions also apply:
Accumulation of hazardous waste in containers.
If the hazardous waste is placed in containers, the large quantity generator must comply with the following:
Air emission standards for hazardous waste:
- The applicable requirements of 40 CFR part 265;
Condition of hazardous waste containers:
- If a container holding hazardous waste is not in good condition, or if it begins to leak, the large quantity generator must immediately transfer the hazardous waste from this container to a container that is in good condition, or immediately manage the waste in some other way that complies with the conditions for exemption.
Compatibility of hazardous waste with container:
- The large quantity generator must use a container made of or lined with materials that will not react with, and are otherwise compatible with, the hazardous waste to be stored, so that the ability of the container to contain the waste is not impaired.
Management of hazardous waste containers:
- A container holding hazardous waste must always be closed during accumulation, except when it is necessary to add or remove waste.
- A container holding hazardous waste must not be opened, handled, or stored in a manner that may rupture the container or cause it to leak.
Inspections of Hazardous Waste Containers:
- At least weekly, the large quantity generator must inspect central accumulation areas. The large quantity generator must look for leaking containers and for deterioration of containers caused by corrosion or other factors.
- Hazardous Waste Management software with inspection capabilities are available to schedule these RCRA inspections, where each container can be inspected and the results stored within the Hazardous Waste Management software
Special conditions for accumulation of ignitable and reactive hazardous wastes:
- Containers holding ignitable or reactive waste must be located at least 15 meters (50 feet) from the facility’s property line unless a written approval is obtained from the authority having jurisdiction over the local fire code allowing hazardous waste accumulation to occur within this restricted area. A record of the written approval must be maintained as long as ignitable or reactive hazardous waste is accumulated in this area.
- The large quantity generator must take precautions to prevent accidental ignition or reaction of ignitable or reactive waste. This waste must be separated and protected from sources of ignition or reaction.
- While ignitable or reactive waste is being handled, the large quantity generator must confine smoking and open flame to specially designated locations. “No Smoking” signs must be conspicuously placed wherever there is a hazard from ignitable or reactive waste.
- Special conditions for accumulation of incompatible wastes:
- Incompatible wastes, or incompatible wastes and materials must not be placed in the same container.
- Hazardous waste must not be placed in an unwashed container that previously held an incompatible waste or material.
- A container holding a hazardous waste that is incompatible with any waste or other materials accumulated or stored nearby in other containers, piles, open tanks, or surface impoundments must be separated from the other materials or protected from them by means of a dike, berm, wall, or other device.
Hazardous Waste Management Software
HazMat T&T is a hazardous waste management software solution designed for Environmental Service Companies and companies who generate a large quantity of hazardous waste. The solution tracks hazardous waste from cradle to grave aiding compliance, providing accurate waste inventory, increasing waste handling efficiency, reducing risk and also helps manage waste costs. HazMat T&T Hazardous Waste Management Software can be deployed in a number of deployment scenarios, from Large Hazardous Waste Generators, tracking their hazardous waste at their site to Environmental Service and Waste Management Companies using it track and manage hazardous waste at transfer and disposal sites.
Asset Inspection Management Software
IMEC’s Asset Inspection Management Software can be used to manage any type of Asset Inspection. This Asset Inspection Management Software solution can create corrective actions as a result of asset inspection failures for inspections. Corrective actions are allocated to the appropriate persons, with deadlines for resolution which will greatly reduce the time, effort and cost of managing compliance inspections. Implementing an Asset Inspection management software solution, where users using a Mobile App can easily perform inspections in the field aids compliance, reduces risk and standardizes the inspection process within your organization.
IMEC Technologies provides Safety Management Software to increase worker safety and aid compliance. IMEC’s Safety Management Software will manage inspections and audits, provides hazard identification, incident reporting, management of corrective and preventative actions from generation to closure. IMEC provides lock out tag out software solutions that will allow users to create lockout tagout procedures using an intuitive Mobile App and Manage Lockout Tagout Procedures, also the Review and Execution of those Lockout Tagout Procedures using the Mobile App. Annual Lockout Tagout Procedures audits are conducted using a Mobile App. The Mobile Inspection App allow users to perform inspections and audits, for example the system can be used as a Fire Extinguisher Barcode Inspection Software system to manage monthly fire extinguisher inspections and general fire safety inspections and also to record safety observations and manage corrective actions, anywhere and anytime. The solution can be used as a fire extinguisher barcode inspection software system or life safety inspection system to aid compliance in Higher Education, Healthcare, Industrial and Commercial Organizations. Benefits from a Fire Extinguisher Barcode System include the elimination of paperwork and reducing the burden of compliance with regulations such as NFPA, The Joint Commission. The Mobile App can also be used as a Fire Door Inspection App and with the flexible Forms Manager the solution can be used as a Fire Door Inspection Software Solution also. Fire Door Inspection Software is used is large facilities with large quantities of Fire Doors like Hospitals, Universities and also Cruise Ships. The Incident Reporting App allows users to easily and quickly report incidents, hazards and near-misses, these are then sent to the appropriate people for action and are managed to closure. Web Apps provide features such as, setup, management, scheduling tools, analysis, reporting and dashboards etc with the ability to report incidents to government bodies such as OSHA and RIDDOR. HazMat T&T is a hazardous waste management software solution designed for Environmental Service Companies and companies who generate a large quantity of hazardous waste. The solution tracks hazardous waste from cradle to grave aiding compliance, providing accurate waste inventory, increasing waste handling efficiency, reducing risk and also helps manage waste costs. HazMat T&T Hazardous Waste Management Software can be deployed in a number of deployment scenarios, from Large Hazardous Waste Generators, tracking their hazardous waste at their site to Environmental Service and Waste Management Companies using it track and manage hazardous waste at transfer and disposal sites. For more information visit our website www.imectechnologies.com